Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Monday, June 16, 2014

IRun4 ~ Tessa & Amanda!

If you don't know anything about I Run 4 you should check it out!  Having recently gone through my own personal journey of weight loss and getting healthy, I quickly discovered the value of having a deep motivation and reason to persevere! Tesssa was exactly that for me and it's exciting to know she can be that for someone else as well! :)  I love the story behind this organization and want to share some Facebook postings from our runner Amanda Renee!!

Here's how it worked~
I clicked here and recieved and email with the following:
We are so excited you are part of I Run 4! Welcome to the group.

Before I can add you to the match list, I need for you to do two things:
1. Please go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/irunformichael  to join the IR4 Facebook group
2. Send a Facebook friend request to Irunfor Matcher iii at https://www.facebook.com/irunfor.matcheriii?fref=ts

Please reply to this email when you have done both steps, and I will put you on the list to be matched!

I look forward to seeing that relationship blossom once you are matched.

Blessings,
Carol Dublin
Connection Coordinator

Then we got an email explaining how things worked:
Congratulations! You (or your child) will be matched with a runner in IR4. We are so excited you are part of I Run 4!

Once you are matched, please reach out to your runner by sending a friend request, and sharing information and pictures about yourself (or your child) so you can get to know each other.  We ask that runners post a minimum of three (3) times per week whether they have been able to run or not to tag you in the post so you can easily find it on the newsfeed.

Please “like” and comment on their posts and post updates about yourself (or your child) as well. Please show your runner you appreciate their efforts by responding to their posts, sharing about your child and their milestones (including pictures or videos), encouraging them with their running, and asking them about their activities. Building a supportive, encouraging relationship between buddies and runners is the key in this group.

Runners can dedicate any workout– walking, cross fit, yoga, or strength training – and racing is not required. We just ask that they dedicate their workouts to you (or your child).

Blessings,
Carol Dublin

Connection Coordinator

And here's a glimpse at our journey so far!!

Amanda posted 2/11/2014:
I just sent a request in for a buddy to run for. I live in Naples but will be running a half marathon in St.Louis, MO .. April 6th.
I am doing the STLGO 1/2 marathon. Also running the ColorVibe in Ft Myers March22nd. That one is only a 5k, Kind of a big deal for me. I have had two leg surgeries in the last year and I set a goal for myself to Run the 1/2 marathon with my sister back in STL. I never thought I would run again but I am healing and getting back at it. I thought it would be so inspiring to run not just for myself overcoming an injury but to run for someone else who can't.

 I run for #1252.... Whoever you are I cannot wait to meet you ! Today I ran my first 1/2 for you!
(who knew Tessa would be her #1252!)

I Run for Michael posted 5/30/2014:
HAPPY FRIDAY MATCH DAY TO SET #2! Congrats to these new runners and running buddies!
Tessa (Whitney Mason Bynum) is paired with runner Amanda Renee

Amanda posted 5/30/2014:
Beyond thrilled today, not only did I run my fastest mile since both surgeries but to walk out of the gym and have that Facebook notification that I had finally been matched with a buddy is truly amazing. I couldn't of been matched with a more adorable buddy... Miss Tessa we are going to rule the pavement!!!! Irunfor Matcher II, Whitney Mason Bynum

Amanda posted 5/31/2014:
After four months of waiting, I was finally matched with my buddy last night. For those of you who do not know what this is all about ... please check it out! What a privilege it is to be a part of such an inspirational group.
#IRun4Tessa
I Run for Michael


Amanda posted 6/1/2014:
Miss Tessa, today is my first official post and run for you. I was so over zealous last week when I found out I was to be matched in the next two weeks that I went over board and ran a little too much last week. It just so happens that I had run my fastest mile since having two leg surgeries in a year on Friday, only to find out I had been matched no less than five minutes later. What a gracious reward that was for me. I would of liked to of ran further for you today but it is very hot and humid here in sunny Naples, FL. I also was stung by a honey bee. I thought it was the cord to my headphones but upon adjusting it quickly became known it was a bee. I'm terrified of bees/wasps. I was stung in the eye as a small child and that's probably the day I started running so much! I am so happy you are my buddy and couldn't imagine embarking on this journey without you and your truly amazing family. Whitney Mason Bynum


Amanda posted 6/3/2014:
Good evening, Miss Tessa!!! I hope you are enjoying your new Upsee! I can't wait to see pictures from your softball game. I hope it wasn't rained out! I ran five miles for you today, sweet girl! I have my next race on July 4th. It's only a 5k but I am hoping to make a personal record for us. I may not be the most apt athlete out there but I am most exceptional at not giving up! You only fuel that fire! Tell Mr. Parker I said hello! — with Whitney Mason Bynum.


Amanda posted 6/5/2014:
Rise and shine on the running grind, Dear Tessa. I had to get in a short run this morning. A long time friend is coming to visit today for the weekend. I will for sure get a long distance run in Saturday morning. I hope all is well. — with Whitney Mason Bynum.


Amanda posted 6/14/2014:
Tessa!! Sorry I haven't posted all week, I have been under the weather so I haven't been running. Today I got back to the pavement for you! Ran two miles. I have to admit I felt pretty good and lighter than ever! Look what I got in the mail on Friday..... I even was stopped by a man inquiring about my awesome new shirt. So that got me thinking.... Maybe for my race on the Fourth of July I can make a patriotic shirt and write about CMV awareness ?? What do you think, sweet girl!? I hope all is well and I will be back running further for you tomorrow ! — with Whitney Mason Bynum at Vanderbilt Beach in Naples Fl.

#iRun4Tessa #whoIrun4 #CMVawareness #everyoneshouldparticipate


Amanda posted 6/15/2014:
Tessa, I finally got my shoe tags and I think they turned out adorable... Of course not at cute as you! I will be sending you a package tomorrow so we can match! I hope you have a great day with your father and family today! Happy Father's Day, Darin. You have a beautiful family and even though I barely know y'all yet.. I can tell you are an amazing dad! — with Whitney Mason Bynum.

I'm exciting to gather up the Facebook posts of our IRun4 journey with Amanda! I think it will make a really neat way to capture all of these memories for Miss Tessa and the impact she has on so many!!  We are thrilled to share our lives with Amanda!!
~Whitney 

No comments:

Post a Comment