Change is coming for the bynumfour!
We are super excited to be expecting Baby Bynum #3 in the Spring of 2015!
We are thrilled that Tessa will get to experience being a big sister!
And Parker couldn't be more excited about being a big brother to another ;)
It has been a bit of a rough start, but now that we're arriving at the 3 month mark, I'm hopeful that the puny days will soon be coming to an end.
My how things have changed since being pregnant 5 years ago. Having a 6 and 4 year old is very different from being pregnant and only having an 18 month old. Parker's excitement right now is so fun. It is so special to get to have conversations with him about what's to come and how life will change. I do wish I could lift the burden of his understanding sometimes though. He has been very aware of my many weeks of not feeling well and his prayers are always that 'God will help mommy to feel better and be healthy so our baby can be healthy'. Parker has understood 'what happened' to Tessa for quite some time now. He has gone through a couple of different phases of processing it all, but in his mind he knows 'Tessa is the way she is because mommy got sick while Tessa was in mommy's tummy". I have tried explaning to Parker that right now I am not 'that kind of sick' and that what I have been dealing with is what any other pregnant mommy is dealing with...it is still rather concerning to him though...and of course, I can understand why.
It is unique to be out and about and notice little babies. We saw one the other night out at dinner and Parker said 'Mommy, look at that cute little baby girl. She's standing up and she's just a baby.' I simply replied 'Isn't that so cool Parker. I bet you anything your little brother or sister will do that same thing.' I want him to be excited about all the things his new sibling will be able to do, just like he is excited about all the things Tessa is able to do. We like to celebrate the gifts that God has uniquely given each of us...we like to celebrate what makes us all different. Somehow Parker is able to understand, that even though we didn't want me to get sick while Tessa was in my tummy and we didn't want Tessa to not be able to walk or talk, that God's plan for her is perfect and we are thrilled that God chose us to be her mommy and daddy and her big brother. I don't even understand it sometimes when I talk to Parker about it all, but with an incredibly tender heart, he does. :)
We are so thankful for the opportunity to add another little Bynum bundle! Each and every day I feel the Lord drawing me closer to Him. I have desperately needed His strength during these weeks of such weakness and I am so humbled by this experience so much already. Each and every morning I wake up needing Him to help all the fears subside and to help me be present and available in the life that's right in front of me. Exactly how life will change in the Spring of 2015 is nothing that I can really imagine right now, but I do know without a shadow of a doubt, that with Him it is beautiful and possible...and that's more than enough for me.
~Whitney


No comments:
Post a Comment