For 27 years of my life I had such exceptional hygiene (sarcasm) that I avoided a funny little virus called CMV. That cruel little virus decided that 1 of the 9 months of my 2nd pregnancy would be a good time to attack...and attack it did. How ironic it would be to live my life in fear of what 'could' happen. If it happens, it happens. The Protector and Provider in my life has and will continue to enable me to live life without fear. I am fully aware that my personal experiences have brought me to this point...but you don't have to have lived my reality to embrace the Promises that can encourage freedom from fear.
I was caught in a minor situation over the weekend that temporarily induced feelings of stupidity & embarrassment over the fact that I was not afraid when others around me thought I should be. The situation itself was not all that significant, but it definitely got me thinking about this freedom. We are all wired differently, we are all afraid of different things. We hear all the time about 'conquering your fears'...and I believe some do in fact overcome certain fears by this very method. I, on the other hand, have not conquered anything, I simply acknowledge my inability to conquer or control anything. The freedom I have found involves the daily acknowledgement of my weaknesses and God's immeasurable strength in them.
For me, I believe it's a choice. Just to wake up and choose today, that it is not me, it's Him. The Lord is the one that protects us from things staring us in the face and from things hiding in our future waiting to attack. He provides strength and wisdom when we seek it out and I believe, graciously offers provision in those moments when our weaknesses hinder us from requesting His intercession in our lives.
~Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment