Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Encouraged

In the last 2 years I have been blessed to share, via facebook and blog, in the life of precious little Emma.  In the summer of 2011, right before Tessa's first CI surgery, I stumbled on a YouTube video of Emma's first CI activation.  The similarities between our two little girls were striking!  I took a chance and sent a message to the email tied to the video...and soon after heard back from Kristina, Emma's mom.  Being connected with their story has been the biggest blessing since that day!

Emma is 5 almost 6 (two and a half years older than Tessa), and it has been huge to get to follow her journey so closely. Congenital CMV affects children so differently, but these two cuties share an awful lot in common.  Kristina's willingness and dedication to share so much about Emma has truly helped us on our journey with Tessa.  We have learned so much from them!  

We have spent so many of our recent days discouraged, and today I just wanted to share the Lord's provision of encouragement to me, once again, through Emma's life!  Tessa will start her first full year of school next week, and Emma has just graduated from preschool and is headed to Kindergarten!  Her mother writes so beautifully about it here and shares an awesome video!

http://howlifehappens.blogspot.com/2013/08/preschool-graduate.html

Sending Tessa to school is a very hard thing.  Like anything else; lots of unknowns, new routines, new people, new places...there is excitement, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't coupled with a level of fear. I just love how Kristina sums up this particular transition for her sweet Emma:



Thank you Kristina and Emma (and Julia and Chris ;)!  We are blessed by you guys and are so thankful to share glimpses of your journey!  This is just one of the many many times you have encouraged me to keep moving ahead and have helped lift my spirits for a brighter tomorrow :)

~Whitney

1 comment:

  1. This blesses my heart!!! So very thankful for this sweet encouragment for you, and what finding someone who shares so many of the same life adventures, has done for you all!! Wonderful inspiration! Love! Karen/Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete