Since I work downtown OKC, and school parties are usually mid-day (which requires a trip back to Yukon and then back to downtown to finish up my workday) my attendance is sporadic. I was excited to make it to both Tessa's and Parker's Christmas parties this last week! Tessa's was on Thursday and Parker's was on Friday.
I have to admit, I was not exactly prepared for Tessa's range of emotions ;) She got tears in her eyes and a pouty lip sad face when I first leaned in to tell her hello and give her sugars. All I could think was that she was sad I was there because maybe she thought I was going to take her home. I quickly told her again and again, 'Mommy's not taking you, you get to stay and play!!' It took Ms. Kayla and Tessa's teacher consoling and reassuring her...not something I would say I knew how to handle. Even though it was hard to not be the one to comfort her, it did at least reassure me, that Tessa is well acclimated with her school environment and enjoys it very much :)
I did a couple of the crafts with Tessa, but realized she seemed to enjoy it better when I was just watching (and snapping pictures). I think she wanted to show me she was a big girl...so I took my cues from her.
There was lots of cuteness to be had:
this would be the point when I took a pic in between bites of a yummy donut, which delayed the next bite...not thrilled....not thrilled at all!
And then there was Parker's party! It was so fun to see him in class with all his friends. He was so sweet and super fun to hang out with!
There's not as much time for pictures when you're sharing in snacks and conversation with your kindergartner :) Not as many pictures...but just as many memories! He was so excited I got to come and I was so excited to be there. When you can't do this kind of thing all the time, it definitely makes the times you can, incredibly special.
~Whitney










No comments:
Post a Comment