I am calling you to a life of constant communion with Me. Basic training includes learning to live above your circumstances, even while interacting on that cluttered plane of life. You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me can be uninterrupted. But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes, and find Me in the midst of it all.
Talk with Me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do list (written or mental) become an idol directing your life. Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment. He will keep you close to Me.
1 Thessalonians 5:17; Proverbs 3:6
"Transition" - the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
We all go through periods of transition. They typically bring with them a range of emotions, and at times, unmanageable levels of stress. This is me, this is where I'm at. Not only can I not relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world, I find myself settling on a determination that all is lost and that anything that once was good, is no longer. It is a terrible approach to life and it quickly reveals a vast number of insecurities and shortcomings within me.
A very Godly encourager in our lives wrote this morning about his own life: "Little by little over the last 10 years God has brought us to the edge of the cliff, so to speak, and seemed to ask us each time, 'Do you trust Me?' " He proclaims his amazement at what God has done in and through them for His glory and makes careful clarification; "I do mean what HE HAS DONE...for HIS glory! God's ways are not like ours."
The raw reality for me today is that I am so tired of the cliffs. I can't pretend like the question at the cliff doesn't challenge every single human reaction within me. I feel like I'm standing here screaming how tired I am, pleading for provision without heartache...begging for a transition, for once, with flawless resolution. But I am reminded today, that what I want, and all MY to-do lists, likely have disaster written all over them and have no business directing my life. I might be stuck in this moment for a time...but I'm confident that God will take my heart and my hand and guide me back away from the cliff and on to trusting Him.
The challenges of today, and stressful uknowns in transitions ahead, do not negate the history of God's glory in our lives. I believe He does indeed make our paths straight, but not without the acknowledgement of Him and that His ways are not like our own. Transitions in our lives are terrifying at times, but accepting each day as it comes and realizing it may come and go with many things left undone, is definitely the simplicity that I need to stay in touch with Him.
~Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment