Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

So Loved!

 This man is my rock.  
I tell people all the time that he is 'my wisdom and my faith guy'.  
Our personalities are perfectly different and the foundation of our faith has always lined up strong.  
We were just 22 and 20 on that beautiful July 17th day back in 2004.


Celebrating 10 years is huge and hugely different than what we ever originally might have expected.  I'm so thankful that we've grown and changed as God has continued to show us a love to sustain it all~!

I found this old email I had sent to a friend of mine after getting engaged ~ for a girl that was wrong about a lot of things back then...I couldn't have been more right about this one ;)

Friday, November 21, 2003:
 I am so excited to hear that marriage is so much fun.  BECAUSE ....I am engaged!!  Yep, believe it or not, I am.  The wedding will probably be sometime around August of 2004.  His name is Darin Bynum and he goes to school here with me at WT. We have been the best of friends for the last year, and all the sudden this August the whole dating thing fell into place.  This Sunday the 23rd, I will have been engaged for just 2 weeks.  He is the most wonderful man I have ever met.  He is everything and anything that I could have ever wanted.  I never knew someone could love me so much, or that I in return could love someone so much.  It has been such a God thing, and it has been so amazing to watch God's plan unfold.  Darin has an amazing family, they are from Ulysses Kansas.  Only 3 hours from here, and actually where we will be getting married.  Darin's dad Sam has pastored there for over 20 years and he is going to do our wedding for us.  Darin is just 20 and the youngest of 4 brothers, but so incredibly wise beyond his years.
 Me marrying a younger man, who would have thought.  I have got to be the luckiest girl around.


Darin, thank you for choosing me!  Thank you for leading our family and standing firm when it's time to "get in the boat"! :)  Thank you for being such an incredible father and friend.  Boy, has it been hard...and have we had some terrible and devastating moments...but you have helped me believe in the impossible because you seek to know the Man in charge, so well.  You have always helped set our hearts towards joy.  You have always encouraged me to keep pressing on, using my strengths to the best of my ability.  I would have given up long ago, if it wasn't for you...so thank you for never giving up on me.  I love our life together, I am so thankful for you and I'm excited to see how our love continues to grow in all the years to come!!


I Love You So Much!
~Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment