Tessa is making good progress again today. She has had three feedings and all of her oral meds for this morning, and has kept them all down. She has had 2 breathing treatments and we are about to do another.
Darin and I will be alternating our days off this week, so he'll be home with her tomorrow. We have had an appointment on the books for a couple months now, with Dr. Brannan at the Children's Center, this coming Monday the 10th. Originally, we were just taking her there for her 9 month wellness appointment for our initial visit with him, now we will just have lots more to talk about. Our discharge orders from the hospital were to follow up with Tessa's pediatrician in a week. I told the hospital that we were in the process of changing doctors and asked them to make sure Brannan got copies of everything so we could discuss this most recent hospital stay with him, as well.
We will also be seeing Dr. Wright at the Children's Center on Monday the 10th. He is in Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine and is who our neurologist has referred us to for Tessa's physical care and cerebral palsy diagnosis.
~Whitney
Best Wishes Whitney! I truly hope you get some answers that you are looking for.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you!
-Brandy W.
Whitney, this is Heather (Jewell) Jackson. (from Amarillo High so many years ago) I have been following Tessa and her story ever since her first hospital stay this past summer. Hillarie posted on facebook her love and concern for you and your family, and I have been checking in on you quietly ever since. I want you to know, now more than ever, that I'm thinking of you. You and your sweet family are in my prayers. I'm not going to pretend to know what you're going through. I haven't done it. I can only imagine, and I know even then that I can't understand. I have often thought what I could possibly say or do to ease your burden. I have yet to come up with anything profound. But tonight, I just want you to know that I think of you often. I check your blog regularly for updates of beautiful Tessa. Your strength amazes me. Your honesty inspires me. And I am in awe at the challenge you and your family have been given. Know you are loved. Know that we are praying for Tessa and for your family. My sincerest wishes that Tessa can feel better soon. I hope this finds you all well...as well as can be at this moment. May God and His attending angels surround you and carry you at this time. With love, Heather
ReplyDeleteHeather, I am way behind in thanking you for your precious note. I can remember how necessary it was for me to read your exact words the evening you left this comment. It has been incredible to watch over and over again, God reveal His presence in our lives through other people...just like you. Thank you for not 'checking in so quietly' this time. Your encouragement continues to encourage me today. Thank you for loving us and praying for us.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Whitney