This morning I got a little choked up while I was getting ready for work, just thinking about how much life will begin to change. It is so much less about the expectations of any immediate impact of the activation of Tessa's CI or how she will respond at this point in time. It is more about the amazing potential for growth and a new level of motivation!
I was thinking this morning about how much Tessa loves being outside. Our evening routine has become stroller walks with mommy around our little cul-de-sac. 'Tessa and Mommy' time is very special, very peaceful and very quiet. It's our time just to take it all in and let it all go, all at the same time. Tessa continues to teach me so much. I am so ready to begin teaching her about everything that we see, everything that we hear, and everything that we do. I have a feeling our walks will no longer be quiet walks...but full of conversations about the trees, the birds, the sky, the clouds, the airplanes, the helicopters, the butterflies, the cars, the people coming and going, and the kids playing...conversations about all the things that God has created for us to talk about!
I am so excited about what tomorrow means for us, our family and especially for Miss Tessa. I can't imagine life any different...but I'm so grateful for the opportunity to embrace a new chapter in our lives.
Philippians 4: 4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I am peaceful about tomorrow. I am rejoicing over the amazing opportunities ahead for Tessa. God knows my heart and my deepest desires for my little girl and I am thankful that by prayer and petition I can rest easy in His sovereignty.
~Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment