Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Activation Day!

It's activation day today and we are really excited!  Tessa has healed up very nicely from surgery and we are ready to get her left CI turned on today and start helping Tessa get adjusted to life with 2 CIs.

It's silly, but I must admit, I have moments where I would love to be done with headbands...but since it is the most realistic solution for Tessa to be able to function with her CIs on...I learn to deal ;)  The sweet girl we found on Etsy last year, came through for us again this year!  We got Tessa's package of 18 headbands, with left and right CI holders sewn on!  Since they are an essential accessory...we are thankful for the fun fashion element too!


We're hoping to get lots of pictures and videos to help capture today.  There is no way to know exactly how the left activation will affect Miss Tessa, but more than anything, we pray that she feels secure and comfortable with the way life will begin to change for her.

It's been really fun over the last few weeks as people have been asking how Tessa's surgery went and how she's been doing.  Several times in those conversations I've had moments where I just stop and think, 'it's kind of a miracle, that she is deaf...but she hears now'!  So much of our lives is about adjusting, constantly finding a new normal, and rolling with the punches...I wouldn't trade those moments where I can stop and realize God's constant provision for Tessa and our family.  I pray that I am always reminded of these miracles along the way...and that I always take the time to stop and praise the Lord for all the ways He shows Himself sovereign in our lives!

So, here's to witnessing another miracle today!  It's a good day :)

~Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely... Miracles!!! Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete