This little ray of sunshine will be having surgery to get her left cochlear implant tomorrow morning! Between getting a contract on the house and moving all last week...this has definitely snuck up on us! Me, Darin and Tessa will be heading to the hospital by 6 a.m. and surgery is set for 8:00. Parker is going to stay the night tonight with some of our sweet friends from church.
It's crazy what a difference a year makes: I was talking to Parker last night about Tessa's surgery and he seemed to get it...he was pretty oblivious last year. I was just explaining that he'll be staying with our friends so he doesn't have to sit and be bored at the hospital, and he said "yeah, while they make her cochlear" and I said yes, ;) I guess it's been good we've been so busy...haven't had much time to dwell on tomorrow...but I do have my mama-worries about our Little Miss. One year older means more awareness for Parker and more awareness for Tessa. Last time around she wasn't used to hearing our voices...this time around...she is! Which is 'yay' and 'nay'...her head will be totally bandaged after surgery and she won't be able to wear her right CI...so I'm just praying that we can comfort her with all we have between our physical affection and the expressions on our faces!!
Last time around couldn't have gone any better...and since our Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today and forever...I know all will be just fine.
Thanks so much for all the prayers!
~Whitney

Definitely praying!
ReplyDeleteGrammie is loving and praying.
ReplyDelete