Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Promises & Provision

Boy, the last several weeks have been long!  I keep waiting and waiting for just the right time to sit down and write, and surprise ~ surprise...it's just not happening.  I have so many things to catch up on and so many details I have yet to account for on here, but today I find myself resting in God's promises, and it's worth writing about now.

Obviously there's been a lot going on for everyone, with school starting back, summer coming to an end...seasons changing.  This time of year marks a few specific things for us, annual updates to Tessa's IFSP and this year, Tessa's power mobility study soon comes to an end.  With just these two specific seasonal events, have come mounds and mounds of additional 'stuff'...both emotional and logistical processing.  Related to updates to Tessa's IFSP, we have begun discussions regarding her transition to the school district as of her 3rd birthday and moving from an IFSP to an IEP.  Related to the power chair study, Tessa will have her final evaluation on October 1st and come December, if we haven't begun the process of ordering Tessa her own power chair, we will lose the loaner she has had for the last year.

April 8th 2013 ~ Tessa will stop receiving services from her SoonerStart therapists, and will begin receiving services through Yukon Public Schools.  Over these next 7 months, we will be working with Tessa's therapists and the school district to begin agreeing on what Tessa's care/education will look like (via an IEP) come April 2013.

December 2012 ~ Tessa will no longer have access to a power chair if we haven't initiated an order for her own.  We have since found out, it wouldn't be wise to begin the process of ordering her a power chair, until her KidWalk walker order has been finalized.  The problem....Medicaid has denied Tessa's walker and I am currently in the throws of researching her claim and what our options are.  It kills me that it just took one sentence to describe 'the problem'...but it takes hours upon hours to do the research to better understand the things that directly impact Miss Tessa.

Like usual, instead of going on and on and on about the stress and anxiety and amount of work involved in every detail of Tessa's care, the Lord is calling me to fix my eyes on Him:

August 23rd: Jesus Calling: (the very night my stress level went thru the roof after our first specific discussion regarding Tessa's transition into the school district)
"Entrust Your Loved Ones To Me; release them into My protective care.  They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands.  If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one - as well as yourself." "..."  "When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand.  As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them.  My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest.  This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me.  Watch to see what I will do."

Ephesians 3:20 NIV: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"
Exodus 33:14 NIV: "The Lord replied, 'My Presence go with you, and I will give you rest'."

God's timing is perfect.  I am constantly amazed by His unending provision in my life.  The Lord has called us to entrust our loved ones to Him.  And while there will always be 'stuff' to process through, I am so thankful for the rest He promises me when I'll slow down and remember to trust Him with Tessa and all the details of her care.  Tessa is my daughter, but she is God's child first.  This isn't a relinquishment of my responsibilities, but a trusting in God's promises and provision in our lives.   

~Whitney

thought I'd end with a few of my recent favorites...





1 comment:

  1. It really sounds like you have most of it together! Tessa is doing so great and you seem surrounded by positive people. Enjoy the little ones while you can and know that it will all work out as planned in the end (even though we sweat the details a bit!).

    Especially love the photo of her and the duck on her face. Can only imagine how much she laughed at that given her facial expression!

    ReplyDelete