Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Friday, August 24, 2012

1st Day of Preschool!

We had open house at the UCO Edmond Regional Preschool for the hearing impaired last Friday.  Me, Darin, Parker, Ms. Kayla and Tessa all went to meet all the wonderful people dedicated to this program and to all the precious little ones.  It has been really exciting to anticipate this year of Friday mornings at UCO.  Thanks to our wonderful nanny (Ms. Kayla) and her willingness to make this 60 mile round-trip journey every Friday, Tessa will get to have new experiences, new friends and hopefully/prayerfully access to new forms of communication!  




Today was Tessa's 1st day!  It is from 9:00-11:00 every Friday, and I was so thankful to be able to be apart of this new chapter of Tessa's life today!  I met Kayla and Tessa at UCO and we embraced our first day of this journey together.  


And here is the moment that shocked Kayla and me both!  We were helping Tessa sit in this little jungle gym that had a mirror.  She was fascinated by the mirror and check it out!....this is the first time that Tessa has ever sat, propping all by herself!  And she stayed there long enough for at least 5 or 6 pictures.  
These are the best two. 

I think this is just a tiny glimpse into what these new experiences will do for Tessa.  I think being around peers and wanting to participate, put her into "conquer" mode.  I realize the mirror was highly motivating as well, but it's just so exciting to see such unexpected progress and I can't help but be thankful for all the new opportunities and experiences in her life!

Look how big she is!!!!!!!!! 



I love this girl with all my heart and it is amazing to me that God 
knows and loves her more than I could ever imagine.  

~Whitney

2 comments:

  1. This is so very awesome... such a tremendous opportunity for Tessa! We are praying for each and every Friday! Way to go Tessa! Love to you all! Grandma & Grandpa Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in awe of the surprises she constantly gives us. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of Tessa's team.

    ReplyDelete