Tessa had a mapping appointment at Hearts for Hearing yesterday and we went together as a family. That isn't a strange or rare occurrence, but what is different, is that for the last two years around this time, we've been preparing for Cochlear Implant surgeries.
Tessa was implanted on the right on June 3rd in 2011 and on the left on June 5th in 2012. Tessa has now spent more years of her life hearing, than not hearing. Waiting in the waiting room yesterday, just watching her play with her daddy and brother, I was incredibly thankful for the gift of sound. I can't even imagine how different our lives would look today without Tessa embracing life through sound. Can't imagine it.
Surgeries were always stressful and change was definitely hard, but the journey has been amazing and I just sit in awe of where we are today.
Life with a 5 and 3 year old is such a blast! Summer has begun and without an impending surgery...we are making the best of every minute ~ playing, growing and listening!!! :)
~Whitney


No comments:
Post a Comment