Our white & oak kitchen table has been around awhile!
Some dear friends from work gave it to us at the time we all relocated from Amarillo to OKC back in the summer of 2006.
This was our first home in Okahoma and we loved it! Such great and amazing memories for the 6 years we lived there!
7/2006 to 6/2012 :)
you can see our table over in the kitchen...
Those green placemats always sat at each spot :)
Since we moved...we've made some changes ;)
The white tile table got booted from the kitchen and the chairs re-painted!
We hung onto it cause I always had in the back of my mind that we'd find good use for it later :)
And thus, our recent DIY ~ let the transformation begin!
First thing first...get rid of the white!
We knew we'd be covering the white tile,
so we weren't worried about that part.
Ta-Da....a new LEGO table!!
And since the chairs were already done, once the table was dry we moved it right into the living room and just laid the LEGO sheets on the top.
The next step was to actually glue the sheets down, but for now we just admired our creation ;)
The next thing to tackle was the this lovely sofa table that has been around for ages! ;)
One of the rectangle pieces of glass got broken during our last move...so we've been at a bit of a loss on what to do with the darn thing. It works pretty well in our play corner nook of the living room...but it was definitely time for a facelift!
In my world, turquoise is always a happy color!
And what better use than LEGO storage bins!
(who needs a glass table in a play nook anyway ;)
I thought I was going to have to go shopping for some bins that would fit...but then I realized we already had these in Parker's room...and they work perfectly!
And I'm especially glad there's no more glass to deal with!
DIY projects tend to drag out around here, but we did finally get around to glueing the LEGO sheets down.
And Parker wanted to walk on the table to make sure they all got good and stuck ;)
And ta-da!
We have our new LEGO table and our new LEGO storage/sofa table
Once the glue dried we removed the lego pieces that were holding all the sheets together.
What's fun too....is all we have to do is cover the table with a table cloth to enjoy fun dinner&movie nights in our living room together!
Parker and I have already put the table to great use! :)
This boy LOVES to build...and it is so much fun to build right along side him!
I wouldn't say I'm much into building the monsters and transformer lookin dudes that are built to fight and kill...but I did think a treehouse would be fun!
So this was our first official LEGO building adventure together at our 'new' lego table!
So. Much. Fun.
The treehouse was awesome!
It was so neat to see it all come together with the help of my big boy!
This all came about because I was just thinking one day recently that we needed to come up with something for the living room that would help Parker keep all the things he builds, up off the floor...away from a curious little crawler one day ;) I really wanted Parker to have his own space where he could be creative and not get too worried about the destruction of anything he makes. The table is also a great way to push Tessa up to it in her chair so she can watch and help Parker work on his materpieces! We love family things....and this table is definitely going to give us lots of opportunities to participate in things as a family! Sometimes with Tessa's equipment and positioning needs...it's challenging to all be in the same room working on the same thing...our living room is definitely the most functional place for us to all be. It's where we can eat, watch movies, play games, etc. etc. Parker is no stranger to sacrifices and I'm so thankful that we were able to think ahead of time of a way to create something to help him keep what he works so hard on in a safe and special place!
~Whitney






























No comments:
Post a Comment