I got to spend the most precious time this weekend focusing on the reality of Weston's upcoming arrival!
My dear sweet friends threw us such a fun and beautiful shower!
The decorations had me smiling all day long!!
We still have about 6 weeks to go, but yes, there are days already that I feel like I'm ready to pop ;)
Such an incredibly sweet celebration!
And the FOOD! It was so cleverly put together and so yummy!
It was a brunch theme...my request ;)
And I'm very very thankful that I had also requested that we have the shower at our house. I wanted Tessa to be there with me and I wanted her to be comfortable and in her own environment / equipment.
I didn't realize how important this would be until she had another ugly seizure around 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning. It sure got the best of her and I was SO THANKFUL to be home with her where I could help make her most comfortable.
I joked with my friends that if it hadn't been my shower and hadn't been at my house...I probably wouldn't have been able to make it ;)
Tessa was able to get comfortable in her recliner and slept for a couple of hours...straight through the shower.
Wow! So blessed with such sweet and precious gifts for Weston!
It was so fun to go back through everything later that evening and show Darin and Parker all the goodies.
It's funny how you can be almost 8 months pregnant and still stop and think "umm, wow, this is really happening!" ;)
Life has been so busy lately with Tessa not feeling well for so long now. It was such a huge blessing to have some time to slow down and take everything in. We know the 'busy' is inevitable and we don't live in regret with how life plays out...it's just such a blessing when God gifts us with moments, surrounded by people that we love and love us! I am so humbled by all of the love, support and encouragement we have from such amazing and dear people in our lives. It's exciting to know we'll be welcoming our sweet Weston right smack-dab in the middle of it all!!! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment