Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hope...it's all I have

Because it's easy to assume those around us have it all together. We don't. We ALL struggle. Public and Secret Struggles, alike. This is my attempt at leveling unrealistic views of me and my family. Careers....Family....Marriage....Special Needs....whatever it is, we fail. But there is Hope...and that's all I have.


I had a dear friend message me last night with incredible words of encouragement...but it got me thinking...I've decided vulnerability, authenticity and truth are so very important...so here it is, my sincerest reply back to her:

"Girl you are waaaay too kind! But for real....it ain't always as it seems, you know! I got demons that haunt me and guaranteed bad choices around EVERY corner...just like anyone else. To be an absolute OPEN book would be so freeing....but thus far God has clearly influenced our journey, cause I don't know how it all comes together half the time either. We have so much to be thankful for and are so blessed....but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with my ability....it likely has everything to do with my inability and desperate need for Jesus in my life. I fail all the time. I struggle with self doubt all the time, I suck at being a wife and I have days I question everything around me. God is my sanity....my only sanity...and my saving grace. Just like everyone else...I just do what I have to do and pray each day to somehow lay my head down not feeling like a complete and utter failure."


Honesty. Vulnerability. It ain't always roses folks...it's just not. The truth is dependency...on the One who created me. That's it.

~Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment