The DAFOS are a little hard to see in this picture, but they are cute little leg/ankle/foot splints and then the therapists even got her a cute little pair of new shoes to wear over them.Silly me should have known to take our good camera, but I honestly didn't even think about the possibility of catching a moment of her standing up...so a terrible cell-phone-video it is. Shame on me, but I must say, the surprise of it all was priceless.
The therapist had asked us if Tessa had ever stood up in our laps or anything and our answer was "no". Any time we've ever tried to get her to bear weight on her legs, her feet have always curled in and her legs have always buckled under her. Yesterday, she was strong! excited! and a champion of all champions!
Throughout the entire appointment, she never shed a tear, she never got frustrated; you could just see the anticipation building in her that something BIG was about to happen...and I think she knew she was about to surprise us all!
Obviously, I'm on cloud nine. All I wanted to do today was stay home and play with my sweet girl and watch her see the world in a whole new way! Tessa has had two firsts, two days in a row. I am so grateful to be a part of her life.
God is good and I just love that His joys are extreme!
~Whitney
That is Great news! I love the picture you have of Tessa! What a very special moment!
ReplyDeleteOh wow!!! My eyes are full of joyful tears! This is so exciting! Thank you so much Whitney for getting the picture and the video up so fast! I just want to be there so badly to see in person! Love and Hugs for Tessa... and for all of you! To God be the Glory! Karen (Grandma B.)
ReplyDeletePTL! this is pure joy! Love the progress! GOD IS GOOD! kathie beasley
ReplyDeleteThis little girl is going places!
ReplyDeleteOh my...I am still crying...God is doing amazing things in your precious life, Tessa Rayne!! I am so very thankful! ...I pray God continues to bless you with health, strength, and growth!! I love you, Sweetie! ...Grammie :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great news, and that is a fantastic picture of Tessa at the top of this post. Praise our good God!
ReplyDelete