Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Perfect Timing...

When Tessa first got her hearing aids back in August, we were told that it could be quite a challenge for little ones to leave them alone and not pull them out of their ears and try and chew on them. Well, we've never had to worry about that with Tessa because she hasn't had the fine motor skills to even reach up to her ears. For months now, that has been a 'non-challenge' in our realm...ha ha...until now!

Little Miss Tessa has discovered her right hearing aid (in particular) and we have found it in her mouth on more than one occasion. Funny thing is...it is less of a challenge and more of a celebration. Of course our little miss will have to learn "no-no!", but for now, the unexpected buzzing of her hearing aid because she has removed it from her ear...is met with joyful laughter and lots of smiles.



She has come a long way! This cochlear implant thing might end up being a little bit more of a challenge than we anticipated, but I have a feeling the more I have to put her CI processor back on because she's pulled it off...the more smiles might come across my face! She's a little turkey, that's for sure. Once I got her hearing aid back in place it was all smiles...the irony of challenges!




Needless to say I will probably reign in my enthusiasm and not pull out the camera in the future. But today I wanted this documented! Remembering when people would say "I can't imagine trying to keep hearing aids on my toddler" and the response in my head being "Well, it doesn't really make a big difference for us because our daughter has such limited mobility anyway". Bring it on Tessa Rayne...I welcome any and all opportunities to tell you "no-no!" :)

~Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Purely awesome, Tessa! What a thrill to see this new accomplishment! Love it! Love & Hugs to all! Grandma & Grandpa Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I detect a little mischievousness in those little eyes of hers..... Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  3. These made me giggle along with Tessa, I think! So happy to see her "pull off a stunt" - tee hee! I hope I get to be around for the first few "no-nos" too!! Thanks for these, Whit, and sharing your own joy here! ...Love you! ...Mom :)

    ReplyDelete