Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Mobile Miss!

Well, I'm calling it! Last night Little Miss Tessa rolled from her back to her tummy all by herself with effective movement! It was very exciting and a brilliant surprise! I was playing with her on the floor and Darin came in the living room and sat down and she made a deliberate attempt to roll over so she could see her Daddy! We didn't get any pictures or video, but I have a feeling there will be plenty more moments to capture!

Tessa has been changing and entertaining the idea of moving around on her own a lot more recently. I'm hoping this is a sign that her formula and food are beginning to settle much easier in her stomach to where she isn't in as much distress being down on the floor and can really start enjoying the freedom to experiment and move around. Just in the last week or so we have been spending lots of time playing on the floor with her in the evenings...trying new things and thankfully giggling most the time. Just the other night I put Tessa in a fairly new position propped up on the back of her Nap Nanny on her knees. She was such a trooper (with the help of Mickey Mouse of course) and really seemed to like the new perspective and even started trying to move around in that position too! I snapped tons of pictures...which might seem a little silly, but when you've gone 19 months basically only seeing your child sitting supported or laying down...there is just something too darn cute about a new position and the excitement can't be contained!!

Just look at that little ruffle-butt!
One of her 'serious-working-hard' faces
Awe!
Look at her go! She ended up kicking both legs out behind her at different times and even pulled them back up under her all by herself! Huge people! :)
"ok seriously mom...now I'm pooped!"

I am so proud of her! It is so exciting, for movement that was once very stressful, to be shifting into playtime, fun and a broadening of her world! I am so thankful for moments of free-movement, unassisted by equipment and the glimmer in her eyes of doing it 'all by myself'...a mother's dream!

~Whitney

4 comments:

  1. via facebook:
    Kristina Sheedy White commented on your status.
    Kristina wrote: "So cute! I totally can realate - I love any position where you can see their cute little tush! As far as I'm concerned it doesn't happen enough when your child is usually sitting or laying on her back!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. via facebook:
    Kelly Johnson commented on your status.
    Kelly wrote: "Wow, that is amazing how she is moving around on her own. I can see so much progression. Please know that you all are in our prayers continuously and we pray for strength for you and Darin as well."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely thrilling! Blessed my heart to see her moving her legs out on her own! Way to go Tessa! Love & Hugs from Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled beyond words!! So in awe of you, Tessa Rayne!!! How I love my Grand-Sweetie Girl!! ...Grammie :)

    ReplyDelete