I just love this video we got of Tessa outside in her powerchiar last night!
We have been working with her on making good stops and turning when she is headed towards something...and it was so exciting to see her turn right before she started heading into the grass. Her powerchair can drive just fine on the grass, but clearly she was not interested in heading off in that direction!
She also does something really neat right at the end...she makes one of the most intentional movements I think we've ever seen her do in her chair. Towards the end, Darin is showing her the basketball and lets her touch it, then he moves back and asks Tessa if she wants to come get it...and wouldn't you know, she puts her hand right up there on her t-post and moves herself forward just enough to get her hands on that ball!
It was so exciting to see her use her wheels to go after something she wanted! There's just nothing like watching her be able to be in control of her own movement and then to watch her benefit from all her hard work!
~Whitney
Oh Wow! So very awesome, Tessa! Just can't get over how great you are doing in your power chair! You are amazing! Love & Hugs, Grandma Bynum
ReplyDeleteLadybug,
ReplyDeleteMs. Toria is so so so proud of you!! I so wish I was there to help you on this wonderful journey! But ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS know that I'm thinking about you 24/7!
Love you!!