Things are always changing in our world...including things scheduled on our calendar...but we are so excited that closing got moved up a bit and will be happening in the morning! I think tomorrow this 'transaction' will finally become a reality!
The reality did begin to set in a bit last night as my little buddy helped me put boxes together! Yes, I said we are closing tomorrow, and yes we are moving this weekend, and NO I have not packed a single thing...but you know what, I did get some boxes taped together with the help of my little-strong-man...so that's progress to me!
We've only been in this rent house since June, and we never really ever got completely unpacked...I would like to think it is going to be a bit easier to move out of this house than it was to pack up and move out of the house we had been in for 6+ years. Besides, nothing like the keys to your new home to light a fire of motivation under ya! ;)
I'm thinking the first thing on the agenda tomorrow evening might be to all head over to the house with Tessa's power chair and just let her explore the new place without any obstacles of any kind! I've been learning some sign language to help show and talk through things with her and my prayer is that she will really sense a new level a freedom!
There have been moments where it has been a little challenging to explain to Parker why we bought a house when we were supposed to build one in the new neighborhood behind our rent house...I've told him that sometimes plans change and the Lord provides something better than we could have imagined. He asked me the other night, "so then why are they still building houses in the new neighborhood if we don't need one"...I told him that they will be building for other people that might move in, and his response "well that is really nice of them!" ;)
I know, with Tessa just being the age that she is, it would probably be hard to explain to her exactly what is going on anyway, but I have discovered that it is challenging for me to go through such big changes with her, wondering what she is thinking and how she is feeling. Don't get me wrong, Tessa is magnificent at showing us how she feels ;)...but sometimes I wish she could really tell me. I am confident that the kids look to Darin and me to gauge our level of joy and comfort...and then they draw from that. And we know that the Lord is our comforter and protector and I always pray that our kiddos see our trust in that, and that it helps develop their trust in that as well.
Let the moving packing begin!!
~Whitney


No comments:
Post a Comment