Glasses? Really? As if we needed one more 'accessory' to add to the list. I remember a year ago when Tessa's ophthalmologist braced me for the need for glasses when he detected some astigmatism in both of her eyes. It was March 2012, a few months before she was to get her second CI. If looks could kill... ;) Her doctor laughed and reminded me again that he just wanted to put it in my head to begin processing...but that it would be 'awhile' before we ventured down that road. I'm not sure a year was 'awhile' long enough for me. At that time, I couldn't even imagine juggling 2 CIs...let alone glasses. We have added more misc 'accessories' in the last year to where the list just makes us laugh, but I am a bit sensitive when it comes to Tessa's beautiful little face. I love her eyes, and her nose, her lips, her ears...all of her flawless, innocent features.
I could stare at her all day.
I see God's gift of true beauty when I look at her.
In my mind, glasses would be the ultimate obstruction.
The goal over the next three months before her next check up will be to see how much she'll wear them....see if she keeps them on...if she does, then that will prove to us that they help. And that she needs them. And if not, we'll re-evaluate and go from there. Well, it didn't help that any time I tried to put her new glasses on her this week, she promptly began screaming and crying. I was selfishly okay with that, cause hey, if she won't let us put them on or keep them on, then at least we could say we tried ;)
I hadn't been able to get a good picture of Tessa with her glasses on either...tears and a splotchy red face did not make for a good photo-shoot. But last night, I caught her in a moment sitting with her daddy.
Yes, beautiful!
That's the thing about God's beauty...it can't be compromised...it can't be obstructed.
Remarkable Beauty!
I am so thankful that God's beauty is not really up for interpretation by our feeble minds. The clouds of sin and shame hinder us from processing something so pure and innocent. So many times, things we view as an obstacle or the ultimate obstruction, God sees as an added layer of beauty. We are powerless to alter what He says is so...and I am incredibly grateful for that. The pursuit of seeing each other in the same way the Lord sees us, is unnatural, but something we should consistently strive for.
Last night we had vision and physical therapy at the house. And wouldn't you know, Ms Deb, Tessa's vision therapist, told her she was going to put her glasses on so they could read a book, and Tessa complies as if there is no other option! Seriously, that same little toot that made me feel like I was the mother of all torture, complies after the simplest of instruction...of course she does, welcome to Tessa's realm of little-stink-pot! ;)
The therapy session was precious. The Lord conducted His own therapy session in my heart. The things of this life are harsh. Obstacles are inevitable, but God's gift to us is redemption. The ability to find the beauty that He intended. He is our way through or around any given obstruction in our lives. As we persevere through them, with our eyes focused above, we gain a perspective of God's beauty...unalterable, stunning beauty.
~Whitney





No comments:
Post a Comment