Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

IRun4

Whitney posted 6/24/2014:
Thank you Amanda Renee!! You are so great!! We love it! Tessa has had a rough day otherwise this pic would have totally been of her IN her shirt! Thank you so much! We'll get yalls medal hung in her room and hopefully we'll get some smiley pics of her in her new shirt to you soon!

Amanda posted 6/26/2014:
Hola miss Tessa,
Last night I had my first training session with my new personal trainer. I meant to take a picture with him for you but I will at my next session! What a humbling workout it was for me!! He is way tougher than my last trainer.... We did an hour of shoulder lifts/plyometrics after I ran a 5k ! I think I may of sweated out this illness. I wanted to run this morning to see where we w... See More — with Whitney Mason Bynum at Vanderbilt Beach in Naples Fl.

Amanda posted 7/2/2014:
Hello Parker,
I love manatees because they are the cow of the sea!!! They have the fattest and the cutest faces ever! They are gentle giants. Plus I hardly get to see them so when I do it's a real treat! I answered your question on my board and can't wait to see your reply to my question. 2 days until race day. I appreciate all the prayers as I do not want to disappoint your sister! I finished making my race day shirt and can't wait for you to see it on Friday. I have to finish studying for a test tomorrow, talk to you soon! 
 


Amanda posted 7/2/2014:
Tessa,
Hello gorgeous! I hope this message finds you well! Tonight I made our race shirt for the 5k on Friday! I think it turned out pretty cute but you will just have to be surprised on race day! Tonight I ran just 2 miles and tomorrow I will stretch lots and rest... It's going to be a close call to meet our goal but I'm going to try my hardest. That upper respiratory infection really set me back but I know with you on my team I can do anything !! What have you been up to this week? I hope it's better than last for ya! Do you have any big July 4th plans ??I look forward to posting on race day! Ps my shirt is a CMV awareness shirt !! Get some rest tonight and tomorrow we are going to need it for the race!!😊xoxo

Whitney posted 7/2/2014 reply:
We can't WAIT to see your race day shirt!! We know you will do so great and are so excited to be cheering you on!! Tessa will definitely be wearing the special shirt you made for her!! We are hoping to have a relaxing family weekend here at home. And our excitement will be centered around your big race for sure!! Hope tonight and tomorrow are restful for you!!


Whitney posted 7/2/2014:
Hi Amanda Renee!! Miss Tessa got her new orthotics in today!! They are our favorite ones yet....purple with stars and pink straps! Our therapist also got some awesome new shoes to go with! So while you're running, we're gearing up on our end for Tessa to have good support during standing, Lokomat and Upsee time! She flashed one of her precious smiles while showing off her new fancy-ness today :)

Amanda posted 7/4/2014:
Tessa and Parker !!
Happy Fourth of July!! Today I ran the Moe's Southwest 5k. My dear friend Greg came down from my hometown to run as well! He is super fast!While I ran a 5k last week in 26:30; I still wasn't able to meet my goal today.. I coughed for about a mile of the race being at the tail end of this upper respiratory infection. All excuses aside, I had a blast and a lot of people asked about you Tessa !! I think my shirt helped ! Hopefully the iRun4 family gains some new runners !! Even though I didn't meet my goal today I must say:
Finishing the race is winning,
Running for Tessa is the real VICTORY! 
I hope you and your family have a blessed holiday today and enjoy some fireworks !

Whitney reply 7/4/2014:
 Yay!!! What an awesome shirt! We love your pictures! And hi to Greg  We are all so proud of you and we hope sickness goes away & stays away! Today was a big day...first official race as buddies! What a neat memory you've made for all of us today! Hope you have a wonderdul holiday too!

Whitney posted 7/4/2014:
Amanda Ran4Me today!!! Our first official race as buddies!! Love your race day shirt and all your pictures! Thank you for making me feel so loved and so special!!


Amanda posted 7/14/2014:
Hi Tessa,
Sorry I have not been great about posting. I have been working out though! Today I ran 4 miles in this hot hot humid heat we have down here right now! It's not as fun as one would think southwest Florida would be! I hope you are doing well! I have a test tomorrow night and then Wednesday I leave for vacay! Don't worry though, I will post while I am gone.... Do you think Parker can guess where I am going ?? I will give him some hints and maybe he can use a map. 
1.) it's in the Caribbean 
2.) it's a US territory 
3.) it was once a sugar plantation



Whitney posted 7/23/2014:
Parker was SO EXCITED to get your postcard today!!! He said "Amanda knew I couldn't guess where she was, so she sent me a card to tell me!" You seriously made his day! We hope you've had an amazing trip! Thank you for making our kiddos feel so special!!


Amanda posted 8/1/2014:
Tessa and Parker,
For some reason it's not letting me post in here! This is my fourth attempt I hope it works!! Sorry for being a lazy bum since I came back from holiday. I got back to serious business today but I had to run inside as it is far too hot here! I also weight trainer arms and shoulders!. I had the whole gym to myself with a great view of the pool .I just finished finals for my summer courses and have a three week break! When does school start for you two?I saw the irun4 group now has a program for siblings !! This is great news. I would be lying if I said I don't mind sharing, however who wouldn't want to keep the cutest kids ever to themselves!  I registered for a handful of races which means I have at least one race a month from October through January!!! I will be sure to post an itinerary! Hope to hear from you soon.
 

Whitney reply 8/1/2014:
These two are all yours for as long as you want them  They will have so much fun being invovled together in your upcoming races!! In fact, we decided to start hanging all of your IRun4 medals, letters, etc in our hallway for all to enjoy!

Amanda reply 8/1/2014:
aww you guys are the best! Wow another tooth lost!!! I hope the tooth fairy visits you (if you all participate in that)! They are seriously the cutest ! Of course I want to keep them for as long as possible. Do you have all your back to school shopping done ?


Amanda posted 8/4/2014:
Tessa and Parker !!!
It's been raining cats and dogs here in Naples. Most of the roads are flooded. Luckily for me I don't have to take those routes. I wasn't able to run outside but I did make it to the gym: _25 minutes of elliptical 
_30 minutes of plyometrics mixed with weights which was super hard thanks to my personal trainer Anthony 
_20 minutes of cycle to finish
My goodness I'm not so sure I will be able to lift my arms tomorrow. They feel like jello already. I hope tomorrow the rain stays away so I can run outside. I got a cool picture of the sky on my way home from the gym.
Parker- did the tooth fairy pay you a visit ??
Tessa - I hope you are doing well sweet girl! I bet you are very excited to start school!
Talk to you soon



Amanda posted 8/12/2014:
Tessa and Parker !!!!
How are you, cutie pies ? Today it got to work out with my neighbor who is home from college. He's like a little brother to me. He was able to take some shots of me lifting weights! I look silly! Parker have you lost any more teeth? Tessa, Whoo wahoo school time!!!! You look so cute on your blog I could just gobble you up! In other news, my very best friend is getting married next month. I am flying home this weekend for her shower. It's in St. Louis. I'm sure your mommy and daddy and have heard all about the problems they are having there right now! Hopefully it calms down by then. Catch ya tomorrow!

Amanda posted 8/13/2014:
Bynum family,
I hope your first school week is going excellent! I am ready for fall! It is way too hot here. I only ran one short mile today. Technically two if you count my walk home. hope to hear from y'all soon! iRun4Tessa&Parker
~Whitney

1 comment:

  1. So loved reading all of these...Thank you so much for sharing them, Whitney! Ms. Amanda, you are such an inspiration and a joy! It thrills my heart to see your love and enthusiasm over Tessa and Parker! Thank you so much!!!
    God bless!
    Karen Bynum/Grandma

    ReplyDelete