I found some time this weekend to do a little more reading in Charles Swindoll's The Mystery of God's Will.
I just wanted to share a little of what I read: "Faith is believing God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do. Faith is obeying the Lord when I'm unsure of the outcome. Faith is trusting Him when everything in me screams for empirical proof."
Living by faith means "releasing our own plans and pride and will as we flesh out His plan and purpose. That's what it's all about. In the process, we experience a deep inner peace, a satisfying sense of fulfillment, because we are within the circumference of His plan, moving inexorably toward His destined arrangement for our lives."
I love that last part: His destined arrangement for our lives!
There is so much peace knowing that this is God's arrangement....not mine, not Darin's, not some evildoer out to get us....God's.
God's arrangement for our lives is beautifully described in Jeremiah 29:11-13: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Before we would attempt any new arrangement, we would want to have a plan, and then we would need steps to achieve the plan; ultimately achieving our new arrangement. God's plan for us is prosperity, hope and a future. His steps to achieve that plan revolve around our relationship with Him and our acknowledgement of our need for Him...calling on Him; praying to Him. All He asks for, is our heart...and when we seek Him with our full heart He will complete "His destined arrangement for our lives"!
My Faith has always been the biggest part of my personal journey in my relationship with the Lord. My Faith has sustained me time and time again. My Faith has brought me to God's current arrangement for my life, and my Faith will carry me through this time.
I have always questioned whether or not my Faith was enough. I've always worried about my lack of ability to quote scripture, I've always worried about my lack of a daily devotional, and I've always worried that maybe I didn't quite know enough about the Bible to ever walk through anything h-u-g-e. Well, let me just say, there is PLENTY to be said for my not-so-lacking Faith! My relationship with the Lord has always been such a private and very personal matter for me in my life. There is nothing like the affirmation that the journey I have been walking in my relationship with the Lord has been exactly what it was intended to be. God's arrangement for my life, up to this point, has been perfect and I have nothing but hope for the new arrangement ahead. I worried, worried and worried; when all along, I have been in the circumference of His plan!
I believe that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do. And I believe that He has brought me to a place, prepared my heart, and instilled in me a desire to learn more about what He says He will do.
I believe that our Faith prompts us to discover His promises, and His promises increase our Faith!
~Whitney
WOW! Whitney, that is an awesome testimony. God is amazing and His plans are always perfect in an imperfect world. It is our faith on His promises that keep us keping on daily. You and your family are in my prayers. Brenda Lathan
ReplyDeleteI trust our Lord's destined arrangement and cherish your Faith, Whitney. Thank you for sharing your beliefs here...I love you very much...Mom
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to check out that book. How inspiring and encouraging!
ReplyDelete-Brandy
Amen, Whitney!! What tremendous insight! Love you all so much... praying for each of you each day! Sending my love and hugs to each of you!
ReplyDeleteKaren/Grandma Bynum
Whitney, so beautifully said. I know that you are currently right where God wants you!
ReplyDeleteWhitney, I have been reading your blog and hearing a lot through Hillarie. Thank you for sharing the good and the bad... it helps me to know how to pray. This specific post spurs me on! The way that you trust Him with your destined arrangement with zeal! I was reading the other night and came across this.
ReplyDelete1 Thes. "4For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 6You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8The Lord's message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, 9for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath."
You don't have to post because it's super long...
Candace (Hillarie's friend)
How amazing! God bless you all....love all of you, and praising God for His work with you! Ms. Ardel
ReplyDelete