Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our Miracle

I received a book this week in the mail from my sister. The gentleman that gave her the book to give to us, has a son with Cerebral Palsy and found great comfort from the writings in this book. It is called "Sometimes Miracles Hide - Stirring Letters from Those Who Discovered God's Blessings in a Special Child" by Bruce Carroll.

This is from the very first page of the book:

To all the parents who, with undying courage and eternal hope, have kept on keeping on through sleepless nights, emotional weariness, financial strain, marital stress, and estrangement from friends.
And to all those who, through eyes of faith, have continued to see God's hidden miracles and His blessings wrapped in disguise.

I can't explain the relief that came over me when I read this. Finally, the words to summarize where we are at. We relate to every word. Life is so busy and our schedules are so crazy, and the reality is sleepless nights, emotional weariness, financial strain, marital stress and estrangement from friends.

It is difficult for me to write when I hurt. I am thankful that in almost 2 months, those times have been few, but in all honesty, those moments have been heaviest over the last couple of weeks. So much of what we deal with isn't discussed beyond our Bynum Four. There is so much that goes on, that exists only between me and Darin. This journey is impossible for us without God's hand in every moment. We know He loves us, we know He is guiding us, and our faith in these things, is the strength we have. The overwhelming responsibility we feel to 'keep on keeping on' is met with God's love and promises for our lives.

Tessa feels like a "hidden miralce" in the simple fact that we weren't fully aware of her condition for the first 3 1/2 months of her life. Knowing now, IS the miracle. Knowing how potentially difficult her future could be, but finding the courage and the strength to walk through it with a faith I have never experienced ~ that is the miracle.

It is a blessing to see God as I have never seen Him before. It is a blessing to expect the things my Heavenly Father has promised me. It is a privaledge to walk according to His plan and His purpose for our lives. It is an honor to be chosen as Tessa's mommy. She is our miracle.

~Whitney

5 comments:

  1. I love you Whit! To see how yall's life is a testimony to God's love and faithfulness and to see that testimony unravel before us through each post you write is so encouraging! Thanks for the perspective you now have and for sharing it!

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the words that describe your life so well. We love you guys and are thankful that the miracle of Tessa's life gets to touch ours. Praying for you that God continues to give you supernatural courage and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whit-I would love to read the book when you are done! :) And we are always here. Even when I am stressing about my own life I am here. And when you are so stressed just remember what Connor would say, "Whitney you need some positive encouraging KLOVE."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Whitney! We love you and Darin, Parker and Tessa so very much! Wish so much that I could be closer... helping out more often. You are precious to us.... Your faith has touched our hearts in so many ways. God has special plans for you all. Tessa's life is already touching so many across the country.... so many are praying.... We pray for each of you continually! Love always! Mom & Dad (Grandma & Grandpa Bynum)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for using someone that has been through the same type of situation to write an encouraging book for other parents.
    Thinking of you,
    Brandy Weldon

    ReplyDelete