Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Provision and Opportunity

We are really excited about ordering a new product we found out about recently. It's called a Wingbo and was made in Germany http://originalbabycompany.com/wingbo.htm. I emailed Kristina (Emma's mom) a couple of weeks ago and was curious to see if they have had the same issue with Emma, as we are having with Tessa, and her head being really flat in the back. Obviously, with as much time as Tessa has spent on her back in the last year, her head hasn't had the chance to round out in the back. Unfortunately, Tessa and tummy time usually equals a 'pissed off ball of fury', as I've called it on occasion ;) Kristina told me about this really neat swing and said Emma loves it and has gotten a lot of use out of it.

Here's a look:



Finally we can start incorporating play time with tummy time! One thing we have definitely learned about Tessa is that she prefers to be Little Miss Independent. I can't think of a better way to get her working on improving her head and neck control than with something like this. Granted, there is always a chance she will hate it...but, the fact that she can learn to push with her feet and legs and have some independent movement while working on head control...I think would be pretty huge for her!

Back-story: Kindness of a Friend
I had a short conversation with a friend here at work the other day on our way out of a meeting and she asked how Tessa's CI was working out and about when she would be getting her left one. I told her things were really good and that we will be waiting until next summer to do the left because we really need her to gain more head and neck support before we could juggle having two CIs on her head. I mentioned to her how I was excited about a swing we had heard about to help with her head and neck control and that hopefully, between the swing and her time in her stander, that this time next year she'll be super strong and ready for the second CI. I just briefly mentioned that it could be awhile on the swing, cause it's about $250 and it takes months to get the 'medical necessity' process going.

Well, I got back to my desk after lunch one day last week to find a card:
"I wish I had a magic wand that I could just wave in your direction and make everything "all better". I wish I had a sprinkle of stardust that would erase every problem that's come your way. If only I could get my hands on a magic lamp and rub it until a genie appeared, I would ask for an end to all of your cares and the beginning of great happiness for you. I don't really have any magic, but if deep feelings and warm thoughts can help, there's definitely some wonder-working stuff headed your way."

The card was from my friend that I talked with after our meeting the week before and she wrote:
"Whitney, I already know you have great happiness, but I often wish I could help you in some way to make things easier for you and your family. You are truly amazing and how you have handled this past year inspires me & I know God has been a huge part of your walk these past 12 months. Please know I think and pray for you often. I hope this will help you get the swing Tessa could use to help strengthen her neck. And, always know if you ever need an ear, shoulder or anything...I am here!"

And in the card was $250 cash.

This moment had nothing to do with money....but everything to do with God showing me, again and again, that HE loves us through people that love Him too. I sat at my desk and cried off and on for about an hour. God's timing is perfect and I am blessed to be surrounded by incredible people in my life!

I sent Melody (Tessa's PT) a text this morning to see if I should go ahead and order the swing or if we should wait and try the medical necessity route. She wrote back to go ahead and order one because it would take several months to run it through the medical process with no guarantee that they would approve payment of it for reasons of medical necessity. This swing will be so beneficial for Tessa to have right now and we are so thankful for the opportunity to provide it for her and are really looking forward to the new world that will be opened up for her. But even more, we are in awe of God's strong and gentle hand on our lives.

~Whitney

1 comment: