Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Worship

Darin and I have been praying for years now to find a church home...a place to raise our kids and find friends and fellowship. God has been faithful once again in our lives and it is a blessing to look forward to Sunday mornings. Council Road Baptist has become our home. We have been visiting for a couple of months now and plan to join sometime in August. They have amazing teachers responsible for the "Bible Buddies" special needs nursery room and have embraced Tessa and our family with such love. Parker is enjoying his nursery classroom too and it has been so wonderful for Darin and I to attend a Sunday school class and church together.

Today was the second Sunday that I was able to hold and sing to my daughter. Since her CI activation, I sneak her away from the nursery for time with her during worship. I love to worship, I love to sing...it has been a gift to be able to now hold my daughter close and watch a peace come over her, as it does me, as I sing to her and to our Heavenly Father. My heart of worship looks more different now than it ever has before. I sing with a thankful heart for all the things the Lord has done for us, I sing with a prayerful spirit that Tessa knows how much the Lord loves her and what an amazing purpose He has for her life. I sing now to share with Tessa my heart of worship...thankfulness, peace and joy.

This morning was a little different because both Bible Buddies teachers were out of town for the holiday weekend...so Miss Tessa joined Darin and I in Sunday school and for church. The gentleman that teaches our class (we are still learning lots of names...and right now, his has escaped me) has had wonderful things to share and has such a tender heart. This morning he greeted me, Darin and Tessa and we were able to have a conversation about Tessa's special needs before class. Then, it was such a surprise at the end of the sermon, during the invitation time, for him to come find us and ask if he could pray with me, Darin and Tessa. The prayer he prayed was divine. He asked the Lord to fulfill the powerful purpose He has for Tessa, he asked the Lord to prepare those that will be impacted by Tessa, he thanked the Lord for making Tessa exactly who she is, because He makes no mistakes. He prayed for the Lord to continue guiding and directing Darin and I and all those that are in her life and he prayed that they, as a church family, would know how to love and support us.

Things have been rough lately with all the changes for the BynumFour. Darin and I have such a longing for new friendships and fellowship...and it is a desire that seems to have come at a time when it seems most difficult to achieve such things. The gentleman that prayed for us today, is nothing short of a tremendous blessing. He touched us with his words and his tenderness and allowed me, as Tessa's mommy, a moment to have some very healing tears.

Worship today was everything I believe God intends for it to be for us when we choose to worship Him. As parents, we want our children to grow and understand the love and purpose God has for them. The combination today of my daughter being able to hear and share in my worship and the blessing God gave us through the tenderness of a gentleman and his prayer...those are the things that give hope and meaning to our journey.

~Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how much this touches my heart. That church has blessed me more than words. They have blessed my best friend beyond imagination as well. And now I am so very thankful to God to hear how you all are being blessed there as well. My heart is happy and I am worshiping God for the blessings He has given you there and the blessings I know are to come both for you and from your family as well. I know God has big plans for that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So moved with a thankful heart that God touched you in all these wonderful ways ...Love you, Whit ...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so very thankful and blessed by knowing that you have found a church home! A loving church family to be a part of! We are so very grateful to the Lord for you all and the desire you have to be faithful to Him! Love and prayers! Mom & Dad (Grandma & Grandpa Bynum)

    ReplyDelete