First of all, Tessa graduated from Feeding Therapy with Heather at The Children's Center this morning!! Our princess is doing such an amazing job that we have reached the point where ongoing weekly therapy is no longer necessary ~ Music to this Mama's ears!!!
Heather has done AMAZING work and we can't thank her, Jenni and Kayla enough for helping Tessa work toward all her goals! She has come so so far and we are truly blessed!
Then, I got to meet up with Tessa and her class for her very first school field trip, her first bus ride and her first horseback riding experience!
Look at this big girl sitting in her stroller on a school bus!
Goodness, where has the time gone!
It was really neat to finally get to see how the tie-downs on her stroller worked on the bus.
And her very first unloading experience! I mean seriously, just the cutest thing :)
Tessa spent some time getting to know her new friend Opie.
I'm pretty sure Opie is the star horse of Coffee Creek Therapeutic riding center...
he must be, to be paired up with our little Miss ;)
Tessa had no fear! Even when Opie stuck his tongue out at her ;)
She was in awe and so excited for her new experience!
Sweet Opie, it's amazing how quickly you can get so attached
And she's UP!
In this moment, I'm pretty sure she's realizing this experience isn't just about having fun...
but it's also about a good hamstring stretch and lots of trunk and head control!
But she was ready for the challenge. You'd have thought she'd been riding horses for years.
They put a little waist belt around Tessa to give the handlers a good position to help support Tessa while she rode.
Just pure cuteness! Looking like a pro and working so hard!
And this was the picture I got from Kayla once they were back in the bus and headed back to school.
Her caption: "I would say she is worn smooth out :)"
What a huge day for Tessa! I'm so thankful I was able to be there to experience so many firsts with her today!
~Whitney



















What a truly amazing day for you Tessa! We're so proud of you! What a thrill to see how far you've come with your feeding therapy ... to have accomplished eating almost anything, and even on your own sometimes! Then, to see you in your stroller on your first bus trip... all we can say is ""Wow!" And, how amazing to see you on a horse ride! What a grand experience, and how well you took to it! God has sure given you an exceptional day of firsts!!! We love you so much, and you're growing so quickly! We're sending lots of loving hugs and kisses! Grandma & Grandpa Bynum
ReplyDeleteHorses...it must be in her blood. Way to go Tessa, You look like a pro and such a nice touch! I look forward to the day we can saddle up, just you and me, and go for a ride!!!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Mason