Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Busy Days

Today is my first day back at work after being home with Parker the last 2 days. It had been almost a week since he had slept through the night and his breathing got so bad Monday night, I slept with him just to make sure he was okay until I could get him to the doctor the next morning. His oxygen level was very low. The doctor gave him a z-pack and a steroid and we got a nebulizer to do breathing treaments until our check up with him again the next afternoon. Thankfully the meds and some R&R did Parker some good and we got a good report at his follow up appointment. He's back at school today and we'll be continuing his breathing treatments and meds over the next few days. The doctor said since Parker had RSV in January, he is likely to continue dealing with residual effects of the virus. We're just hoping he'll grow out of it all!

While I was home with Parker on Tuesday, Darin took Tessa to get her new ear mold impressions done that afternoon. Unfortunately, they detected more fluid in her ears so we started antibiotic #3 yesterday for another 10 days. Can't a girl catch a break! Luckily we have a follow up appointment with Dr. Wood (ENT) on Monday to figure out what all this means for her and where we go from here. I kept both Tessa and Parker home with me yesterday, obviously not under the best of circumstances, but I'll take all the lovin/snuggle time I can get.

The Bynum household could probably still be considered a little cranky these days, but we're doing our best to keep plugging along. And I must say, we weren't exactly prepared for the ramifications of a 2 1/2 yr old on the combination of Albuterol and steroids....it has had its difficult moments, but better yet, were the Hilarious ones mixed in: Parker was being crazy in the car on the way to the doctor and screaming at the top of his lungs and I told him I was going to spank him if he didn't straighten up, and Parker says "Can't Mommy, I'm sittin in my seat!" ~ perceptive little fellow ;)

One of the sweeter moments was when I asked Parker if he'd hand me something because Tessa was napping in my arms and Parker said "Yes Mommy, cause I am Big-And-Strong!"

We'll take a little wild and crazy if it means laughter and smiles along the way!

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear (read) the update! Hope Parker stays better! What a crazy week for you!
    Thinking of you,
    Brandy W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Parker was sick this week. And that Tessa still has some ear infection. Glad you had some special times, along with the crazy times! We are praying for you all. We so enjoyed getting to be with you last weekend. Praying for you daily.
    Love, Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete