Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Perspective of God's Creation

There is an irrefutable fact about my life these days...change...a distinctive before and after. I never thought the day would come when I could listen to a message focused on God's plan and purpose for my life, and feel such clarity.

Sunday morning we heard a message called "Chazown" (you can read more about it here: http://chazown.com/ ). According to Craig's message, there are four phases of Chazown: (1) Spirit's Prompting, (2) Certain Uncertainty, (3) Predictable Resistance, and (4) Uncommon Clarity.

For me, the prompting came during a 7 day hospital stay for my precious 3 month old daughter. There are days where it feels less like persuasion and more like a swift-kick-in-the-butt... however... distinctive to say the least.

Certain uncertainty filled the days to follow our conference room discussion of Tessa's diagnosis. The doctors were certain of their findings of periventricular calcifications on Tessa's brain; however, the extent to which Tessa would deal with each diagnosis, as a result of the CMV, was uncertain. A certain Congenital CMV diagnosis....an uncertain Future. As quoted in the message notes regarding Certain Uncertainty: "I will do today what I can do to enable me to do tomorrow what I can't do today."

Predictable Resistance is difficult for me to describe. I feel like there are so many different realms of this present in our lives. Our hardships are many, but our faith is strong. As quoted from the message, Acts 20:23 "I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me."

And the most impacting, Uncommon Clarity. It is a different thing to feel that you have been made fully aware of your purpose in this life. The very first two points of Craig's message were: "Everyone Ends Up Somewhere" and "Few People End Up Somewhere on Purpose". Well, I feel like I'm ending up somewhere on purpose. There are definitely insecurities even in ending up somewhere on purpose...but after considering the first three points, I realize that I have discovered and am living, my Chazown.

I feel like I share God's vision for my life. I feel like I have the tools to fulfill the vision that is guided by my past, present, future and purpose. And now I'm walking that path and pursuing God's Chazown for my life.

I've left many a church services motivated to learn about the things God desires for my life...this last Sunday, I left encouraged...my purpose confirmed. A validation of the journey ahead.

~Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Great post, you are so good with words!
    -Brandy W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to tell you that I'm so impressed with who you've become. You are more than I ever could want or wish for in a spouse. I still believe what I did when we got married, which is that God wants us to be together and we just trusted him and went for it. Now we have the best big brother in Parker and the sweetest little baby girl in Tessa. The possibilities are endless with such a great Mommy in you. I believe we were put together to be together to take care of our God given children.

    ReplyDelete