Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Festival & Creativity!

Well, a little creativity went a long way!  Our little Garden Gnome was quite a hit at the Fall Festival at our church Saturday afternoon.  I had seen a few pictures on Facebook of some super creative parents making adorable costumes around their children and their wheelchairs.  We've been so busy, this wasn't a huge priority, but I did keep it in the back of my mind.  Then my sister sent me a picture of my niece's costume from last year to see if maybe I wanted it for Tessa this year.  Since I didn't have anything else planned, that was perfect!  It wasn't until a few days later, I called my sister and asked her what the costume was exactly...a munchkin? and elf?....AH!...a gnome!

Ironically enough, while the costume was in the mail on its way to us, we were cleaning up a few things in the garage....and I came across the huge box of all our greenery from the old house.  
Suddenly...the creative wheels started to turn ;)
I can't take all of the credit though...cause just as I was planning to make a last minute trip to find some fake flowers to add to the garden...Darin says "you know, Tessa's got plenty of flower bows you could add to all that".  
And so here you have it, a little gnome in her wheelchair garden covered in greenery and hair bows!  And let's not forget Parker...this year he was a Super Hero-Pirate-Ninja ~ thought of by Parker, made possible by Daddy!


 Prettiest little garden gnome I've ever seen!




 I'd trust this adorable Super Hero-Pirate-Ninja to have my back any day!


 I think all of the attention plum wore her out ;)

It all just screams "Happy, Happy, Happy"...couldn't have been more perfect for her ;)



~Whitney

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful costumes for both!!! You all did terrific coming up with both! Looks like so much fun! Love you all! Grandma & Grandpa Bynum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's the funniest, cutest thing I've ever seen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete