Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
A Process....Sanctification
"Here's the bottom line: If God opens the door for you to do something you know is good or necessary, be thankful for the opportunity. But other than that, don't assume that the relative ease or difficulty of a new situation is God's way of telling you to do one thing or the other. Remember, God's will for your life is your sanctification, and God tends to use discomfort and trials more than comfort and ease to make us holy."
From a book called "Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God's Will" by Kevin DeYoung
My husband shared this with me this morning, and it was exactly what I needed.
Things in life are hard...and it's just too easy for me sometimes to throw in the towel and consider calling it quits. My prayer today is that the Lord will help me consider that a nudge or an experience is part of the process of sanctification in my life. Instead of thinking, He needs to fix this and this before I can continue on with what I feel like He's calling me to do...maybe I should consider that the 'fixing' needs to take place in me and that it's possible that this could be the very reason for the experience.
~Whitney
Labels:
My Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful insight! Love you both! Mom/Karen
ReplyDelete