Ten tiny toes...Ribbons and Bows...We marvel at the wonder
as our sweet Tessa grows!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TLC

I love fall and winter and I always look forward to the colder weather!  But what I don't love, are the sicknesses this time of year.  A simple little cold can end up being quite the ordeal for our Little Miss.  She doesn't have a compromised immune system, it's just that she doesn't have the physical strength or mobility that helps the average person fight off little things like this.  This weekend was rough.  We are back in full force with Albuterol breathing treatments every 4 hours and Pulmicort maintenance treatments twice a day.  Tessa does not do well with the extra mucus that comes along with a cold; it tends to upset her stomach and she can also get choked pretty easy once she starts coughing.  The throwing up usually leads to dehydration and the dehydration and loss of appetite can result in a loss of weight.  Load after load of laundry and sleepless nights are stressful and exhausting, but seeing Tessa sick, truly makes my heart ache.  
I would do anything just to take it all away!

Operation Tender Loving Care!   

when we got home from work, Tessa decided  it was time for nap #3 in Daddy's arms.


 and then it was my turn


this is the melt-in-your-arms kind of sweetness


cheesin for the camera after a nice long bath :)


and even had enough energy to wrestle with her brother ;)

It's times like these that I am reminded of how fragile Tessa can be.  She is usually so strong, so vibrant, so determined and so engaged in life that I forget how quickly things can turn.  I am so thankful for her overall health and I just don't ever want to take it for granted!

~Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Prayers that everyone is feeling better very soon! What sweet pictures... Love you all! Grandma Bynum

    ReplyDelete