Yesterday was a big day! My KidWalk was delivered late yesterday afternoon and as always, it was a delightful event :)
Waiting patiently for whatever it is mommy and daddy are all excited about ;)
The lateral chest pad brackets have been positioned to help support my upper body...
And the hip support flip up pad brackets have been secured for my lower body.
I also have a little seat ~ to help me keep my legs apart and also for if I need a rest.
An equipment delivery day would not be complete without Ms Melody! She's helping get my I2I headrest in place so I can do my very best work all on my own!
Pretty fancy headrest, huh? It makes it a little harder to get me in this thing, but the way it's designed is perfect for me. It helps me keep my shoulders up and back and my head up and it doesn't even knock off my cochlear magnets! Kinda hard to stay motivated to work this hard when I can't hear all my cheerleaders cheering me on! ;)
And check out the fancy little red thing under my chin. This little contraption lets me rest my head when I'm getting tired. Holding my head up is hard work, but I can go a bit longer and harder if I can focus more on my legs and feet than my head control.
My brother loves to play with me!
Thought I'd grab hold of him and see if he'd take off ;)
I mean look-at-this-thing! Quite the contraption I tell ya!
It's a good thing mommy and daddy have plans to build us a bigger and better house with my needs in mind...cause I have lots of stuff to help me and not much more room to put it all!
(I'll talk about what Melody is putting on my leg in just a sec)
I drool, and sometimes a lot, especially when I'm working h-a-r-d! That little red chin pad is awesome, but I may be using a burp rag too so I can stay more comfortable. I understand, not really fashionable, but sometimes necessary :)
Ok, remember Melody down on the ground working on my right leg? Well, that black thing is this fancy little stretchy-velcro-leg-brace type thingy that is going to help me keep my right leg in a good position.
See, my CP causes me to have high tone in my legs and sometimes I tend to use my adductor to pull my leg forward instead of using my hip flexors. This little strap will help me try and learn to use my hip flexors more.
When I use my adductor, it makes my right foot turn out and then my left foot kinda gets caught on my right foot and I lose the good positioning to take another step. This strap encourages me to use my hip flexor instead...and when I do that, my right foot stays straight and taking another step is a bit easier.
I'm so glad I have such smart people in my life like Ms. Melody to help set me up for success! What would I do without her!
I'm excited! I'm always excited every time I get a new piece of equipment. I'll be 2 1/2 years old in just a couple days and I figure it's about time I start using these little legs of mine.
I can already picture finally being able to chase my brother around and play! Sometimes he tries to play with me and dance with me and stuff like that...my new KidWalk will help me play and dance closer with my brother and without as much trouble.
That alone is something worth smiling about :)
I hope I helped explain my new KidWalk a little better. It's kinda hard to look at me and understand what all I have going on...so sometimes just chatting about it helps :)
If you happen to ever be driving by my house...be sure and roll your window down. There's gunna be lots of whoopin and hollerin in my driveway now cause Mommy, Daddy and Parker are the best cheerleaders in the world!
Keep watching, because I'm super excited to figure this thing out. I know it could take some time, but I've been given everything I need to be successful!
here's a sneak peek...
I told ya I had cheerleaders!
~Tessa ;)











Ok, Tessa, I'm just watching you kick that ball over and over again!!! You sure know how to make this grandma smile and cry at the same time!!! I am so amazed at your wonderful KidWalk....and how much it is doing for you right now... and will continue helping you do more and more. It is truly wonderful!!! YOU are truly amazing!! You are going to do great with it!!! Love you with all my heart and cheering you every step of the way! Grandma Bynum
ReplyDeleteWe are so very thankful for Ms Melody too!! Where would we be without her!! Ms Melody, you are truly amazing, a gift from the Lord above, to the Bynum family! God bless you sweet lady! Grandma and Grandpa Bynum
ReplyDelete