I had a blast with my little guy at Yukon's Mummy & Son Masquerade last night! These little date nights don't happen near as often as I'd like, but I eat them up when they do! Parker is such a fantastic kid. He is so much fun to be around and always keeps me laughing! He is so patient and so kind (not always, but he is!) I love it that he acts like date-night-with-Mommy is a pretty big deal...he doesn't take a single minute of it for granted.
He was his little Super Hero-Pirate-Ninja self and I was his Tae Kwon Do side-kick!
(mind you, that is a legit purple belt ~ earned my Senior year of high school ;)
He wanted me to take a picture of his purple-icious lips after his ghost cookie
We ran into some sweet friends while we were there!
And these two pirates won 3rd place in the couples costume contest!
best superhero stances...perhaps ;)
I love, so much, how patient Parker is with me. He sees me so much with my working-hat or business-hat on...and in his own little way, knows it's hard for me to have fun sometimes. At the same time, this little guy shares some of my same characteristics and insecurities...we really do 'get' each other. I love being able to encourage him through the things he finds intimidating..and I love how he helps me live, laugh and love! In helping him be more confident in who he is and who God made him to be...I end up feeling the Lord nudging me to be more confident in who I am and who He created me to be.
~Whitney









No comments:
Post a Comment