I received a Facebook message the other day from a man named Chris. Chris is a friend of Tessa's nanny, Ms. Kayla. His kind words and sweet perspective, touched this mama's heart. Opportunities to see glimpses into God's big plan for Tessa's life ...are a gift.
I messaged Chris back just the other day and thanked him for sending this to me. I told him how encouraging it was and that we would be honored to meet him and to let him meet Tessa. I also asked if he would mind if I shared his message on here (he did not ;). I still don't feel like I have adequate words to describe what I felt when I first read this, but I knew it was worth sharing.
Message:
Hi Whitney, my name is Chris and I'm a close friend of Kayla's. Over the last year or so I have kept up with Kayla's photos and posts about your adorable daughter Tessa. Every time I see a photo of her it brightens my day. She has been a huge inspiration to me without anyone realizing it. I've watched her grow over the past year and seen the amazing progress she has made just by what I have seen. I'm a member of the armed services serving overseas on my second combat tour. Seeing her face makes me realize truly what we are fighting for over here and the real sacrifices that are being made. She symbolizes the true freedom of this great nation we call America. I have earned a few medals in my time in the military by struggles and tough times I have overcome. Receiving these medals represents those who unknowingly give me the strength to do what I do. Your Daughter is one of those people. I would love to give one to her as a gift if you would allow it when I return home this month. I will be returning from a 6 month tour in a few shorts weeks and would love to meet her. I hope to hear back from you very soon and if not that's okay too, I just wanted you to hear this. Thank you so much and tell your daughter I said hello.
Senior Airman Christopher Johnston USAF
~Whitney
Stop it, just stop it!
ReplyDelete