We didn't get home until after 6:00 last night, and there was dinner to get ready, play time to enjoy, baths to be given, books to read, moments to love our sweet Tessa Rayne with our words! and bedtime-lightshow-snuggle-time to share with Parker Gage! As much as I would like to post timely updates, as a Mommy, I just can't pass up those chances of being at home and just loving life and loving my family. I also know regardless of the timing...the excitement will still be infectious!
Tessa's appointment was amazing, such a joyful gift! The moment they put her new light pink hearing aids on, is a moment her Daddy and I will NEVER forget. I didn't remember to take a video camera...but it was one of those moments, so incredible, so profound...it is etched in our memory and on our hearts forever!
Once they got both of them on, we asked Parker to come over and talk to his sister. We said "She can hear you now Parker, can you say something to her?" Parker walked over close to her and said "Hi Tessa, what you doin Tessa!" ~ and his little baby sister responded with an instantaneous grin from ear-to-ear! She heard her big brother's voice for the very first time ~ his unmistakable presence in her life was captured in a moment!
There is a lot we will need to learn about maintaining and using her hearing aids, but it will come with time...eventually becoming a normal part of our routine I'm sure!
Our "God-sized" journey is not without its tears and sorrows, but the experience of joyful gifts along the way, is the provision of our Heavenly Father.
We have been given the gift to now love our daughter with our words, and I pray today that we are reminded of the gift we have all been given to love others with our words ~ truly a profound responsibility.
~Whitney
What a precious moment! God bless you with extra energy, extra-restful sleep, and extra measures of encouragement as you settle into your next few weeks....We'll continue to say extra prayers for all of you, especially little Tessa-Love, Aunt Becky and Uncle Dan
ReplyDeleteI am a friend of Kalie Thompson and wanted you to know that I have Tessa's name on my computer monitor to pray each day. I think your story reminds me a lot of Queen Esther (love to study and teach Esther). God placed her in a challenging place where all she had was her faith and trust in Him. Its a lovely story, I am sure you know about...my favorite is Chuck Swindolls book on Esther. She amazed people and I know Tessa will as well. Retha Pittman, Tahoka~Texas
ReplyDeleteWhitney, I am so excited about the hearing aids and the positive results! You and family are in my prayers daily! Love to all of you, Brenda Lathan
ReplyDeleteYay! What a blessing-Praise God!
ReplyDeleteWe were so thrilled to get Darin's call last evening and hear how everything went. What a precious moment to experience.... Tessa hearing Parker and giving him her sweet smile. We can't wait to see her with her new pink accessories! We know there are so many emotions going through your hearts right now. We love you all so very much! Praying continually for each of you. We know God has such a tremendous plan for each of you! Love & Prayers, Grandma and Grandpa Bynum
ReplyDeleteThat's Awesome and so special! -Brandy
ReplyDeleteAwe thats so great she got to hear her big brother for the first time. I am sooo happy. What a neat moment for all of you!! Praying for you guys still as you continue on this journey!
ReplyDeleteMelodie
Oh Whitney, what a precious moment. Parker and Tessa have such a sweet relationship! That just brought tears to my eyes. We will continue praying for many more sweet moments like this!
ReplyDeleteWendy Reeves (Hillarie's roommate from college )