For those of you that know me well, you know that I don't typically read books. "Fun", "Relaxing", "Interesting", nope, none of those are words that have ever really been associated with reading, in my mind. However, as life is changing....so am I :)
Every night before bed I have been reading a book called "The Mystery of God's Will" by Charles S. Swindoll. A gift my mother gave me while we were in the hospital with Tessa. There was a portion of my reading last night that was profound to me:
(Swindoll references Henry Blackaby's Experiencing God)
"God is wanting to reveal Himself to a watching world. He does not call you to get involved just so people can see what you can do. He calls you to an assignment that you cannot do without Him. The assignment will have God-sized dimensions...Some people say, 'God will never ask me to do something I can't do.' I have come to the place in my life that, if the assignment I sense God is giving me is something I know I can handle, I know it probably is not from God. The kind of assignments God gives in the Bible are always God-sized. They are always beyond what people can do because He wants to demonstrate His nature, His strength, His provision, His kindness to His people and to a watching world. That is the only way the world will come to know Him."
Having read what I read last night, all I know is that I truly feel that we are smack-dab in the middle of God's will. What we have been hit with is without a doubt "God-sized". That is where our peace comes from. That is how we face tomorrow.
~Whitney
What a great passage Whitney... thanks for sharing it here. I loved reading your words at the end where you are at peace for now. I remember the feeling of being "smack dab" in the middle of His will and it's a peace that is not easily explained. I pray that feeling will encompass you and Darin and give all of you strength in the midst of your new transitions!
ReplyDeleteLoving you guys!
Donna
What amazing insight! Love you so much!!! I know God is carrying you all through each day!!! He has amazing things planned! (Karen/Grandma)
ReplyDeleteThat even goes further on what we talked about the other day. I love the "God-sized" part of it. Tiffany
ReplyDelete