Hi everyone, this is Whitney. This is my first attempt at this blog deal and I'm not sure that's the best thing considering I am probably the most tired I have EVER been in my life. Unfortunately last night was not at all what we had hoped for. The frightening aspect of coming home was very very real and overwhelming to us last night. Tessa slept very little and cried most of the night. Her cries were unusual to us, sad and strained. We have been given so much information as to what to be watching for in her over time...and last night there was so much confusion on how to read her cry to know what it was that was ailing her. I am so thankful for her Daddy, at one point I woke up and he had gotten his pillow and was laying on the floor next to her in her bouncer to be right there for every move and noise she made. I am so disappointed in myself that I am finding myself unable to be for her exactly what she needs right now ~ just praising God for our team...Him, Daddy and Mommy~ because Mommy had to sit the bench last night :( To be very specific because your specific prayers are so very important to us, please be praying for Tessa's ability to suck and swallow. They were surprised during our stay at the hospital that we had not had any issues with that...obviously the danger is malnutrition if Tessa is unable to tell her body what to do in order to eat. I told the hospital staff that she has always nursed like a champ!!! She has always been a great eater~ She's gone from 4 lbs 15 oz day one, down to 4 lbs 11 oz and back upto 4 lbs 13 oz before we brought her home after she was born. Just four days after we got home from the hospital at her first dr visit she was up to 5 lbs 2 oz, and this past Thursday at the doctor she was a whopping 11 lbs 2 oz!!! She is our tiny chunk, I like to say. Anyway, last night (I believe, but have no idea) that we might have seen her very first struggles with the ability to suck. The last time I actually nursed Tessa was yesterday at noon. I have been pumping because of her aparent frustration to latch on and we've also been supplementing with formula. There is much more to this story and I will try and continue it later.
Please also be praying for what I just found out by text on my phone: We will be meeting with the amazing people that run the daycare where Parker and Tessa are currently enrolled: For Heaven's Sake in Yukon OK. It is necessary to have a conversation with them about the information we received yesterday from the doctor at The Children's Center in Bethany. It is very very important that Darin and I have her care in place so that we can both get back to work by Monday August 16th. At this point that is the goal we have set...we are learning that with every day and every step along this journey we will be setting goals, re-evaluating goals, and re-assessing our situation. But this is goal number one for today and we know that the Lord has a plan for our sweet Tessa....but it is our responsibility to be diligent in finding out what that means for her, for us, for her big brother.
Please contact all your prayers warriors on our behalf today. That Tessa's unusual eating habits yesterday and last night were only a result of the amount of incredible stress we have all been under over the last several days and nothing more. And also please be in prayer at 11:30 as we do our best to inform and seek out the appropriate help that we will need to move forward at this point in time.
With the deepest amount of love and gratitude
~Whitney
Whitney,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are having to go through this. I know all too well the feelings that come with a precious child being born into this world and being diagnosed with something that could be a lifelong struggle. I will be praying daily for you and your baby. If you ever need anything or just need to talk about my struggles I have had with this just let me know.
Twyla
Whitney...praying for your family and your daughter...Shannon
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing the latest news about Tessa. Thanks also for sharing your mommy heart for her. I cried thinking of Darin sleeping next to her....way to go Darin!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys and are remembering you through prayer to our Father who sees, knows and provides.
Diana